Thursday, May 01, 2008

Masonic Manhattan: Beltane Edition

Canadian researcher Alan Watt is a charming old curmudgeon with interesting insights on the nature of power structures. He's essentially the Internet version of the old cat in the bar who'll spin you some wild yarns if you buy him a round or two.


 
Like those types, he also wings it a lot, but I think he has nailed it when it comes to the guiding religion of the ruling class. I'm paraphrasing, but during one blurb he said something to the effect that ruling class is not Jewish or Catholic or Protestant or Islamic- it is Masonic. To that I would simply add that it's not Freemasonic, per se, but the ancient Masonic system we've looked at here in the past. 

By this I mean a system in which promising young people are tapped and groomed into an initiatory system in which power is gained through a graded series of steps, acknowledged by a corresponding series of rituals- awards, citations, etc. 

 Again, the fraternities, think tanks and senior societies are all based in this model, and are far more powerful and influential than the Freemies, who were essentially created for the servant and middle classes. What brings all of this up? 

Well, if you have any familiarity with Masonic symbolism at all, you will be punched in the face with it when you spend any time in the cities of power of the Western World- New York, Washington, London, Rome, Paris, etc etc etc. 

I spent some time in New York on Wednesday night (Beltane Eve) for a business event. I was late for said event because, as Synchronicity would have it, there was a fire in the tunnel for the 33rd St PATH train. I had to take a detour to- wait for it- the World Trade Center. 

Now, I haven't been to the WTC since a week or two before 9/11. Lower Manhattan was a major part of my psychic landscape and the events that surrounded 9/11 threw my entire life into chaos for several years. It sounds ridiculous, but I couldn't bear to see Ground Zero, especially now that I am aware of the incredibly powerful mojo still at work there (which is the topic of a future post).

 But Fate forced me to face my fears, probably because I needed to see this...
 
...the hundreds of Eye mosaics at Chambers Street Station. I don't recall those being there before 9/11. I'm not sure what the official explanation of them is, but the esoteric meaning is unmistakable. In any event, I walked by Ground Zero and saw just another construction site. I feel weirder now about it than I did when I was there.

Anyhow, I ended up at Columbus Circle, which I hadn't seen in ages. It's now home to the gargantuan Time Warner Center, which is a hell of a lot more impressive than in this photo. Notice how the center building lines up with the obelisk in the fountain. A brief glance at some of the Timer Warner logos should tell Secret Sun readers all they need to know...

 

Breathtakingly audacious, aren't they?


I don't believe the Columbus Circle location is remotely accidental, either. In addition to the obelisk we see there, there's also the extremely puzzling Maine Memorial, an ostensible tribute to the USS Maine that was extremely controversial in its day. 

Here we see an angel holding the globe looking towards the Maine Memorial, which shows a goddess barreling towards the obelisk. Who is the goddess?


That's actually a good question. 

On the face of it, she appears to be the virgin goddess Athena, identified with war. But the goddess on her chariot also bears a strong resemblance to Cybele, who we looked at in the analysis of The 40 year Old Virgin and Solaris. 

The shell shape of her cab identifies her with Aphrodite, who we saw in relation to Eternal Sunshine. 

She rides with three horses, perhaps indicating that this is a Masonic variation on the Triple Goddess. 

As always, I recommend that any Synchromystics go and see these landmarks for themselves. It's an entirely different experience to see this symbolism lording over the everyday hustle and bustle. I can't imagine Imperial Rome was much different at all. 

 Anyhow, my journey took me down to the Christopher St. Station, but the PATH was still closed. I ended back down at the WTC, and was somewhat chilled to notice the klieg lights and the sounds of heavy machinery at a late hour. For some reason, I flashed back to the silly midnight seances I took part in as a kid in the Gloucester Cemetery. 

I have no idea why.