Seen From Space: The Inaugural Secret/Soup Summit


I rarely speak. It's one of the hazards of self-employment. I'm alone most of the day, trapped within my own inner dialogue. I don't get many opportunities to flex those verbal muscles, but am thinking I should take it upon myself to practice, y'know, talking more often. 

I don't do many podcasts anymore either. I used to do them all the time but just found them exhausting, which I hear is a classic sign of introversion (being exhausted by extended verbal contact, not podcasts per se. I don't think Jung had podcasting in mind when he worked up diagnoses for introversion and extroversion). That's something I'd like to work on as well.*

Luckily, I was recently on Gordon White's Rune Soup podcast, Gordon being one of the most eloquent, articulate, downright silver-tongued bastards out there. He was willing to oblige my verbal warmup by drawing upon his apparently bottomless well of erudition until I got the old motors revvin'. And then he couldn't shut me up. 

We ended going way over his scheduled time, having hit that groove and letting it flow. It was one of the least exhausting experiences I've had, which Mr. White should take as the sincerest compliment I can possibly muster.



What did we cover? Well, for once no Jack Kirby or X-Files but as Gordon puts it, we talk "about the Nine, Esalen, elite belief systems, alien cargo cults, Star Trek, tarot, psychogeography and what may or may not be coming down the pipe in 2016." 

We also cover the so-called Breakaway Civilization, the utter improbability of the SR-71 Blackbird, the impossible city-state of Dubai, Roswell and reverse engineering, the postwar tech and national security explosion, the role of 19th Century archaeology in the rise of the 21st Century space race, the profound influence of Richard Hoagland's work on the field of Synchromysticism, and psi, magic and moving beyond Synchronicity.


For your reference, check out some of these past posts that are alluded to in the talk:




Synchronicity, Semiotics and All-Seeing Eyes

Beyond Synchronicity: Agency and Causality

Secret Star Trek, Part 2: The Unknown Nine

* As well as the issues with my Wi-Fi, that I had with the Mystery Hour and linger still. My wife thinks it's me, that I somehow effect the Wi-Fi somehow, since she had no trouble getting a strong signal in the same area. That might be true, it would fit a certain profile, certainly.

15 comments:

  1. Heartily agree that 2012 kicked off what we are experiencing now. Darkness growing. I do feel that.
    As an aside, funny to see the Dubai "palm from space." My wife happens to be in Dubai as I write this, and I also just happened to be listening to David Bowie's "Space Oddity" (Live '72) where he introduces the song talking about eating a palm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So in other words you are synchronizing quite well with the Secret Soup.

      Delete
  2. Excellent. This syncs up perfectly with what I was coming here to share with you Chris. - https://occultfan.wordpress.com/2016/01/15/dream-panel/

    Please take a few minutes to read that. I think this will be something huge. Great interview with Gordon by the way at rune soup. Musty olde shoppes INDEED! If you get the chance, when you're back in our homestate, make sure to check out The Enchanted Fox in Medway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting reading, Nathan. Thank you for the link. Lots to ponder there.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you feel so. I don't know if you read the updated, more professional update, but in short, if we are to have a shot at spinning humanity in the right direction, certainly those are the ingredients to bring together, the angle to come from. It really does seem obvious, but it took a syzygy (!) of synchronicities for the idea to strike me. I think at the crux of it is the interview you did with Gordon mixed with Silvie Ivanowa 's interview on Higherside w/ Greg Carlwood mixed with CAF' s experience being protected by unknown forces, she wrote the introduction to the book Dispelling Wetiko which is about expelling the parasitic evil invaders, and it seems entirely plausible to me that with the researchers /magicians /spiritual practitioners mentioned and of course others that we would have a collection basically of X-Men (to suit the resident theme!) that have collective amongst them the skills and awareness necessary to augment our humanity for the better, truly! This is logical, at its driest, rational, especially when we take in to mind types who can use magic and those who, like Silvie, like Sevan, are at a supremely deep level of awareness regarding the human in reality. Basically all the occulted secrets concentrated in to one convention, no BS, just the best of the best. I know it will take work, but it will prove worth all it takes to make it happen. I can think of nothing more important.

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed listening to this podcast. I think you really nailed it with the idea of the 'elite' being members of some alien Cargo Cult, and I'm wondering now if the whole Nine thing might not be a part of it.

    I also feel like a lot of things I was confused about, RE: magic, tech, and such, are clearer now, so thank you for a fun and enlightening time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, please make Gordon's show a regular visit. He's far more eloquent than I in explaining these things. I realize how my verbal skills seem routed to my finger rather than my tongue. I do plan to rectify that situation, however.

      Delete
    2. I 'subbed' him on youTube. :)

      Don't be hard on yourself, though. You did great, I love to talk, but I would have been *way* more nervous and slow-starting than you were.

      Delete
  4. Wow....I'm having the same issues with my wifi and also my cellular signal...no one else but me....very frustrating.......also at the same hour......my husband said something doesn't want me researching anymore....hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you should do some research into your own history and see if there's a reason for that. You may be surprised.

      Delete
    2. Well....have tried.....very compicated mysterious, and quite disturbing.�� I have no idea who I am...

      Delete
    3. I wish I could edit that last comment. My IPAD does not always convey the correct text I was envisioning. In all seriousness, I really don't know who I am....was born under bizarre circumstances; then adopted; troubled teen that was supposed to be a bad apple; then turned around and joined the USMC and became a civil servant with the DIA,GG-14; photographer; still searching for that career; mother of six and I love all of this stuff. So many secrets with my biological family....Every time I went through Israel they seemed to talk a lot amongst each other (e.g., the Ben Gurion Border Patrol).....used to laugh and wonder if they knew something more than I did.....ummm, and if they could tell me.....LOL!!!!!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for this blog, I've been reading for the past year and enjoying unnerving syncs of my own. I had to comment for the first time: I read the Wall Street Journal regularly, so I flipped to this weekend's "Review" section to see if there would be any columns on David Bowie. I was literally stunned. The number of syncs between Bowie, Templars, Da Vinci, John the Baptist, ancient astronauts, celestial & satellite-based archaeology, and, most eye-popping-ly, nearly direct, visual & titular reference to this Blog and Rune Soup in the form of a flying saucer (under the headline "Secret Histories") and a picture of Giordano Bruno within inches of each other. There was only one direct reference to Bowie I could find (in an inane weekly pop culture quiz section), but the combination of topics and photos seemed like jazz -- playing around the edges of the main Bowie tune. I thought I perceived a suggestion that Bowie's fate might be being seen by some forces as akin to Christopher Marlowe's (but I'm reading pretty far into a book review for that). Curious what you may think. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen two parts of the Atlantis grand opening. Dubai's neighbors can learn a huge lesson. Allah gives
    Greater bounties to those who work hard. Not those who commit terrorism.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent discussion, Chris! I hope you and Gordon do more, and soon! No pressure. :)

    ReplyDelete