These Are the Days of Miracles and Wonders


As some of you might be aware I'm blessed with the joyous gift of Myofascial Pain Syndrome, the so-called "rabid dog" of chronic pain disorders. In point of fact, it's technically classified as debilitating, though I chose not to let it be. But it comes with all kinds of wonderful side effects aside from the huge ropey cords of enspasmed muscles, one of which is chronic fatigue and various sleep disorders.

These problems come and go, but decided to kick in a while back when I was really busy (rather, because I was). Now, normally when I'm busy I try to set aside time to read or write, which is important to avoid burnout. 

Constant, unremitting work isn't good for the brain, or your motor skills. However, the fatigue was making my usual recreation impossible. So I tried something different; rather than interpret this as a further burden I decided to interpret it as a summons and spend more time meditating.

Some of you may also be aware that I do a lot of work with hypnogogic trance as a meditative tool. It takes a while to master, but is an incredibly powerful state of consciousness that you can lapse into rather quickly once you've gotten the hang of it, and the inner visions you experience can be as powerful as any drug.

So when I wasn't working, I simply shut out the outside world and tuned into a different signal. I can say with hesitation or embarrassment that I experienced visions I can only describe as remote viewing; incredibly vivid, three-dimensional views of places I've never been, images I didn't summon. 

This could be rather unsettling- I'd be floating along in Free-Association Land and suddenly be looking down at some city I've never seen from what felt like a ledge, or be looking at a distant coastline from just above the ocean's waves.

It's ironic given that I once thought remote viewing was a joke. I can't exactly say that's what this is but it definitely felt like it was going from outside my own consciousness. I shouldn't put that in the past tense- experiences like that are now pretty common, if not always so dramatic. They're all part of an overall matrix of nonlinear and unbidden sound and vision, a genuine altered state of consciousness.

And as with the paranormal encounters I've experienced it's the kind of thing I'd either have scoffed at or given insincere lip service to until I experienced it for myself. 

The totalitarian pressure to adhere to consensus reality grows more extreme (and desperate) by the day. It's the worst I've seen in my lifetime, but that may only be because the self-appointed gatekeepers know how quickly worldviews can change once their reality matrix is challenged.

Now, I don't go much for the whole "god within" rap. In my experience, it leads to a kind of narcissistic  solipsism which eventually leads you nowhere, or even leads you back to nihilism. The truth is out there. But I do believe in tuning out the noise of the world in order that you may better receive the Signal, which more often than not is received internally. 

I know a lot of people feel discouraged by this endless 1970s LARP we're suffering through but the 70s were also a very fertile time for psychic dissent. Things are a lot more fluid and kinetic than they may seem, and the gatekeepers are a lot weaker and more frightened than they appear. 

And there's a powerful Signal waiting for you out there if you're willing to tune into it.

19 comments:

  1. Indeed… as it continues to be difficult to dis-entangle the observer from the observed, this madhouse we call life continues to be quite a ride. As your photo at the top of this piece indicates… as we proceed to explore that which is of this world, know that the path forks into two distinct aspects. One path seeks to experience the insight of Gnosis, while the other seeks to utilize the corporeal. The first seeks to realize universal mystery, while the other seeks to experience universal manifestation. The one... essence, the other... application. We must choose wisely... for it is the act of choosing that creates the form of the path...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You find that when you experience non-locality that your fears of mortality definitely recede. Of course, there are the other, everyday hassles of life still but you have a different perspective on them after a time.

      Delete
    2. Yeah... Chop wood and carry water, eh?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very glad you're blogging again. You're one of the few bright lights. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Things are a lot more fluid and kinetic than they may seem, and the gatekeepers are a lot weaker and more frightened than they appear."

    A very important conclusion Chris, especially given the Orwellian methods of the consensus-givers and their slavish followers. I suspect they've been under pressure ever since the Nag Hammadi Library resurfaced and helped to reignite the Gnostic worldview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Mother Materialism is never satisfied. When you pray at her altar you'll soon find nothing is ever enough. We've seen a lot of studies affirming this phenomenon lately.

      Delete
  5. Good article Chris. The gatekeepers and their puppeteers are indeed desperate, especially since some have already started working against their old bosses. A new day is finally on the near horizon...

    ReplyDelete
  6. "this endless 1970s LARP we're suffering through"

    Perhaps this explains the popularity of Scarfolk - it all seems deja vu.

    http://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scarfolk is hilarious. It's like the last Quatermass movie on a loop.

      Delete
  7. One must understand the past in order to ensure the mistakes made there are not repeated in the future. I don't feel as though anyone is "LARPing" the 1970's. Us old folks are now "Elders" and should behave as such to ensure this world is left a better place for the younger generation.

    Learning from the days of old, in the now, so we may proceed with lessons learned may be considered wise in my view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I wonder if the "younger generation" cares what we think. I think all you can do is focus on your own young ones- that's a full time job in itself.

      Delete
  8. Off topic, and I know you've grown weary of Nolan's facistic tendencies (there's some actual hope and, *gasp*, spirituality in this one), but I really hope you see Interstellar and give us your thoughts about it. Beings only named as "They" (no "The Nine" references) and a wormhole outside Saturn to use for travel...
    mixed with the Kubrick homages, Elon Musk, the Virgin spacecraft crash this past week and the whole idea of a real breakaway civilization on this planet to whom these ideas aren't merely SciFi themes, leaves my antenna buzzing and wanting to pick your brain...

    Hope you had a good day, pain wise. Tweaked my neck (2 torn discs, 2 herniated) as I was getting ready for the movie, but was thankfully kept engaged by the movie to ignore the discomfort.

    all the best,
    andrew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son liked it- maybe I'll check it out. It certainly looks more promising than his previous work.

      Delete