Monday, April 10, 2023

RPG-ULTRA: Reopening the GATE


There's a new Dungeons and Dragons movie out. Have you heard about it? Probably not. 



But I've been buried in news stories about D&D and RPG-related crimes lately, so I noticed it. Now, before you excitable drama queen-types start pissing your panties and shrieking about "satanic panic," let me just say a couple things. 

First, grow a pair, for fuck's sake. 

Second, I've been focusing on a specific four-year period where at least 73 acts of violence - murders and/or suicides - were committed by RPG players, many of whom had either abnormally-high IQs or were involved in "gifted" programs. Seeing as how my reference point on this kind of thing is mass shooter Amy Bishop - who murdered her brother at the end of said time period - that got my attention.

It all started to seem less like the work of the Infernal One and more like the work of the usual creepy-crawlies who brought us wonders like Gladio, the JFK snuff, Operation Midnight Climax, the Phoenix Program and so much more. 

In other words, I don't believe that seventy or so nerds went wild and started killing people and/or themselves simply because of the persuasive word-magic of Gary Gygax and the rest of the Knights Who Say Ni. But I am starting to wonder if the usual suspects were using D&D lingo and plot lines as Manchurian Candidate type triggers.

All of which is preface to this audio excerpt from a livestream I held with my patrons last night. I was stunned to hear a lot of them reveal that they too had been involved in gifted programs like GATE, and more still have said as much today.

I'm willing to bet a lot of you out there have as well, which is why you might want to give a listen to it and consider coming on over and finding your fellow former GATE stars.



 

Listen to "RPG Ultra" on Spreaker.


click on the Moon for details

So again, if all this strikes a chord, why don't you come join us at the Secret Sun Institute of Advanced Synchromysticism, which has been rockin' and rollin' like nobody's business as of late.

For as little as $3 a month and access reams of information that will entertain, enlighten and fortify your spirit in these troubled times. And you can come meet the other alli-GATErs.