Monday, May 29, 2023

The Sirens Have Sung. Now It's Time to Believe.


Today marks the 26th anniversary of Jeff Buckley's final swim to the Siren. Make this the day that you start to believe. Better to be safe than sorry.



 

 


 

Parenthood has clearly reordered Fraser’s thinking, as has the self-examination she’s undertaken since she had a nervous breakdown in 1993 while working on Four-Calendar Café.

“Everything ground to a halt,” she explains. “I didn’t know what was wrong with me.” Entering a treatment facility in the U.S., she was admitted to a trauma unit and confronted both herself and those around her with some hard truths.

"Oubliette" aired on Jeff Buckley's second to last birthday





Dunk you under

Deep salt water

Bring me, lover

All your power

I'll be no hell

Out of your spell

Over, under

Die of pleasure


In my dreaming

You'll be drowning

Hell's low, God above

All drunk on my love

You ought to hear my long snake moan!

You ought to see me from my throne!


It's my voodoo working

It's my voodoo working

It's my voodoo working

It's my voodoo working


PJ Harvey, "Long Snake Moan"



 

 

 




 
 

Philip K Dick believed that Vox Dei - the Voice of God - will speak to us through things most people ignore, like TV commercials or discarded newspapers. 


I knew straight away that we were in for a rough ride as soon as I heard the Sibyl was singing again, having over forty years of evidence - including some of the hairiest events of the Cold War - and a few thousand years of literature to back me up.  
And I suspected we were on the cusp of something bigger and more serious than the usual kind of crisis, something that would have profound and lasting implications for the entire world.

If you're ready, you know where to find me. If you're not, I sincerely hope you will be soon.