Saturday, May 29, 2021

Got a Black Magic Woman


It's Garland Day, AKA Garland King Day, AKA The Day the Shepherd Boy Swam to the Siren. Also the day the Romans made sacrifices to Neptune. And these are the days of miracles and wonders. 





THIS CALLS FOR A MIND WITH WISDOM


"That blue-eyed girl."


"She'll never know, just what I found."


"For nothing is concealed that won’t be revealed, and nothing hidden that won’t be brought to light."

 

SPELLS SIMPLY DON'T GET MORE EXPLICIT 


Dunk you under

Deep salt water

Bring me, lover

All your power

I'll be no hell

Out of your spell

Over, under

Die of pleasure


In my dreaming

You'll be drowning

Hell's low, God above

All drunk on my love

You ought to hear my long snake moan!

You ought to see me from my throne!


It's my voodoo working

It's my voodoo working

It's my voodoo working

It's my voodoo working


PJ Harvey, "Long Snake Moan"


“The guy just made a big mistake — put some Led Zep on I’m going to go for a swim, I’ve got my Doc Martens on, what a great idea. 
He’d actually gone swimming on the Gold Coast with his girlfriend Joan (Wasser) the year before he died. His tour manager John Pope said to me everyone talks about him dying in the river in Memphis but we had to go and pluck him out of the surf. "

Dunk you under

Deep salt water

Bring me, lover

All your power


UPDATE: Our Gordon pointed out that "In my Dreaming" aligns perfectly with Aboriginal spiritual practices of Australia where the Shepherd Boy was dunked under the deep salt water.


DEAD CAN DANCE. AND SING, APPARENTLY.


You breathing into my mouth

I'll take it, I'll take it for you

You wanna sing? 

Then sing it through me

You got something left to say


Untimely, you were taken away

Unlikely, out of time

When you still got so much to say

I'll write it; a song for you



But oh, what a way to go

So peaceful, you're smiling (!)

Oh, what a way to go

I'm with you, I'm singing

 

TWISTING THE KNIFE

In this same necromantic summoning "song," Polly Jean claims that Jeff Buckley wrote her a message while in Memphis.

You said there's a special place

And it's scaring the shit out of me

In Memphis on Valentine's day

You wrote it in a letter to me


"Well I wish I had given you more time

To say thank you, my beautiful friend

But sometimes you gotta send it away

To bring it, to bring it back again"


Unfortunately, the Buckley wrote those words for Elizabeth in a song called 'Morning Theft':

Your eyes and body brighten

Silent waters, deep

Your precious daughter in the

Other room, asleep

You know the meaning fits
There's no relief in this
I miss my beautiful friend 
I have to send it away
To bring her back again



Whose title and lyrics reference a number of her lyrics, including this song in which Elizabeth sings about the man who began raping her when she was five years old (and most probably other victimizers).


The man is an offender

He took my value

And I give back his shame

And I take back my power

My body is my own

My body is mine alone

And I deserve protection

And I can create it for you

Is this what my body said?

"Use me, Drain me

Overwhelm me"

Is this what my body said?

"Engulf me

I'm already dead"


This was all known, all published. No decoder rings needed.


Ask yourself, what kind of person would be so fixated on a romantic rival that she would go to these lengths to publicly humiliate her, knowingly referencing her very painful confession of being the victim of systematic sexual abuse throughout her childhood?


"People paint me as some kind of black witchcraft-practising devil from hell, that I have to be twisted and dark to do what I am doing."

If the hoof fits, darling. If the hoof fits.



IT'S A PERFECT DAY, ELISE-SIBYL-BETH




"A child named Sybil." Changed to Elise, mysteriously.


Elise-Sibyl-Beth, cover date 9/11/93

"How could I not have seen this?"

I BELIEVE IT


As soon as I'm left alone
The Devil wanders into my soul
And I pretend to myself
And I pretend to myself
I go out to the old milestone
Insanely expecting you to come there knowing
That I wait for you there
That I wait for you there
Come, come, come here at once
Come, come, on a night with no moon
Because all of my being is now in pining
All of my being is now in pining

Shot:

"I had a dream a couple of nights ago where, to cut a long story short this mad artist wanted to cut my skin into strips and weave me into rococo shapes. So I'd be like a living sculpture, beautiful in his eyes, but horribly disfigured and unable to do anything but die." 
- Jeff Buckley, 1995

Chaser:

The band relocated to London in June 1991 when (PJ) Harvey applied to study sculpture at Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design, still undecided as to her future career. - Wikipedia


Pray for us, Sibyl.

When you're ready for the Key that unlocks ALL mysteries, you know where to find me.


UPDATE: World leaders observe Garlands Day with the appropriate sacraments.

UPDATE: Initiates...