Friday, October 16, 2009

Trailer Trash: Tommyknockers and Night Tides

 

Here's a movie that I saw and kinda wish I didn't: the TV adaptation of Stephen King's Quatermass and the Pit ripoff tribute, The Tommyknockers.


I read the novel and found it was just like all of King's later work- a brilliant setup ruined by careless follow-through. The movie is completely miscast and tries to pass off New Zealand as Maine. But if you see it cheap somewhere, pick it up- there might be a sync or two in it for you.

   

Here's a movie I need to see- Dennis Hopper in what must be history's only Lovecraftian Beatnik horror film featuring a dyed-in-the-wool occult superstar (Jack Parsons' widow Marjorie Cameron playing one of the "Sea People"). Watching this trailer I got a definite Darker Than You Think meets Dagon vibe...