Thursday, January 03, 2008

The Telegraph of London Reviews Spandex!


Robert Hudson of the Telegraph gives Spandex a very nice review. Read it here.


Hudson does have a few criticisms about other characters and themes that could have been explored (as have others). Unfortunately, publishing is a very tough business, and editors make decisions on what they think will make for a saleable mass market paperback. If I had my way, every book I wrote would be 500 pages or more. 

But a lot of the background material that hardcore fans might want to see may not be appealing to a mass audience. It's a tough balance to strike and I worked very hard to make the book interesting to both hardcore and casual fans.

That's one of the reasons I am blogging- so I can write about whatever I want and explore whatever esoteric topic strikes my fancy.