Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Clownshow 2012: Every Picture Tells a Story

I like to play picture association games-- you show me a picture and I tell you what I see, you know, that kind of thing. So since the Republican Primary reality show is the talk of the town these days I thought I'd do one based on the clownshoe's candidate's campaign logos.


This masterpiece of kitsch looks homemade, but will probably be ubiquitous in tattoo catalogs and on the sides of vans, RVs and motorcycle gas tanks by year's end. It also has the same unfortunate aftertaste a lot of Paul fan art leaves.


(Eye of) Newt's winged five-pionted star makes me think of...

... this. Siriusly.

I don't know who picks these logos for the candidates but someone needs to sit an ultraconservative Catholic like Santorum down and explain that that imagery is directly derived from...

...this imagery. I don't think Rick would appreciate the association much.

Media darling Jon Huntsman (aka Oannes Orion) is probably a bit more au fait with the association symbol watchers might get from his oppressively boring deceptively minimalist logo. I see that and I think...


...this. Howzaboutyou?


Perry's candidacy has been a trainwreck, and I'm willing to bet intentionally. But this derivative graphic (those are McCain pyramidions atop a Obama sunrise) seems to harken back to the Obama symbolathon...


...especially with the Palm and the Crescent (ostensibly symbolizing South Carolina). Before I die of ennui, let's look at the next graphic abortion...


...Romney's odd ribbon design. I don't know, every time I look at it I keep seeing the "after" shot to...

... this "before" shot.


And even though (Mount) Herman (Son of) Cain dropped out I have to bring up his logo, which was as hilariously and cluelessly awful as his candidacy. Every time I saw it, I couldn't help but think of...