Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Astronaut Theology: Rocket, Man

 

Secret Sun saint Bill Shatner hosts this entertaining documentary on AAT called Mysteries of the Gods from 1976. There's a lot of surprisingly interesting information along with some not-so-interesting information (Jeanne Dixon, UFO cultists, etc). Luckily, it's front-loaded with the good stuff.


  Bill actually acquits himself quite well during the proceedings, but would later shred that pretense with....


 ...this hilarious spoken word interpretation of Elton John's "Rocket Man." I actually saw this on The Science Fiction Film Awards when I was a kid, a little over 30 years ago. The funny thing is that I thought his performance was great! Of course I was eleven years old. 

I'd love to get the whole show on DVD, so if anyone out there has it please let me know.