Sync Log: Intruders


Well, it's been an interesting week here. 

I've been very busy which is why I've been out of the loop the past few days. But as per usual, I've also had the usual backlog of posts in the queue that I can't seem to get any traction on. It's not a question of inspiration, the majority of posts on this blog were half-formed ideas that sat stewing for some time until I could get a handle on them. It's just the writing process.

Then there are those posts that seem to be written for you, or are the result of a series of improbable events that beg to be sorted out and commented on. 

Thursday was a typical day for me, until my daughter called me down to the living room. "What's that?" she asked, with a semi-panicked tone in her voice. Well, "that" was a rather enormous wolf spider, sitting there on the wall. 

How the hell it got in the house was a mystery, but I was more concerned with getting it out of the house without harming it or you know, myself.


My daughter took the photo on her phone and she's quite a bit shorter than I am so there's quite a bit of obvious perspective distortion here. Suffice it to say the critter was a good four inches, toe to toe. 

It may not seem all that intimidating here in this low-rez cellphone pic but in person-- and in your frickin' living room-- it gave more the impression of this....


Anyhow, I used a trick with a glass bowl and a piece of paper to get the little fella safely out into the wild, where he looked a lot less intimidating. It got me thinking about the Alien movies and how they are based in our natural revulsion of insects and other arthropods, which in turn got me to thinking how alien the natural world often seems to us, which got me to thinking...well, you know.


As fate would have it the UK Independent featured a story on Thursday (and a story I didn't happen upon until after the episode with Wolfie) about Australia, which is well known for its epic spider problems. 

I couldn't help be struck by the connection with "angels" and the rest, since I've been doing a lot of research into the roiling subculture of "UFOs as fallen angels" theology, a movement that seems to be picking up steam as traditional Evangelicalism wanes. That would turn out to be more than an idle revery, when my son came home and showed me this video, that he taped at work on Thursday night...

Detail from video, courtesy of Mike Clelland


... of your classic, hovering lights-type sighting. As he told it, the lights appeared about 15 minutes before the end of his shift at a local recreation facility and simply hovered there, not moving (they comment on the lights lack of movement on the video). They had to leave the grounds but apparently the lights were still there when they left. (SEE POSTSCRIPT)

The wind was 4-8 mph N/NW so you figure if they were flares or balloons there would have been some visible movement at that apparent altitude (the wind today is only 5 mph and there's a lot of movement in the trees as I type), even at that short duration. You can see the heavy, low cloud cover so it's unlikely they were stars or satellites. My son said they were very large. I doubt any kind of aircraft would be flying that low in formation. 

And of course, these lights weren't flying...

The area they are hovering over is forest as best I can tell. This facility is on a mountain, so it's possible they are something like the Brown Mountain lights or the lights of Hessadalen, earthlights as it were. 

Then again for all I know they could be daemonic orbs, heralding the coming Apocalypse. I simply don't know.

Because the point here is that the synchronicity of it all is what grabs me, especially in light of the weird intruder earlier in the day. 

My belief is that lights in the sky are just lights in the sky until they tap into deeper streams of meaning. And the conjunction of the uninvited guest and these strange lights in the night certainly coincides with a deeper current of discovery that has been revealing itself through a strange accumulation of evidence (some of it kind of creepy) over the past year or so.

Another detail from video, showing lights below clouds

Additionally, my son is the same age (22) as I was during my own strange light sighting (I call these UHLs rather than UFOs- unidentified hovering lights), though that event involved my older son.  But it should be noted that my own sighting also involved three lights, though in that case they were in motion. 

These intruders into mundane life reminded me how Synchronicity can impose itself even when you're occupied with other matters. It also got me to thinking how common these sightings have become, or at least our awareness of them. My son and his coworkers are caught up in this mystery now in some way, having had it intrude into the most mundane setting imaginable- their menial outdoor jobs.

It's funny, I was going to blog about the "Roswell Slides" debacle, but why drag myself through that mire? That whole Nuts-n-Bolts culture, with its codependent believers and debunkers, is so depressing, so exhausted. But it did get me to thinking why we so often see these episodes of evidence-manufacturing in the Nuts-n-Bolts world. 

It's because the actual evidence simply doesn't support their paradigm. As tiresome as I might find the Evangelicals' theology, they generally have a more interesting phenomenological conception of UFOs. 

Though maybe not as interesting as Alexander Leek's: "You noticed them and they noticed that you noticed them."

 POSTSCRIPT: TALE OF THE TAPE

Of course all we have to look at is a 25-second video of rather poor quality (and the upload here is especially poor, thanks to Blogger's recompression- my apologies) taken in low light. We're hearing this absurd mantra from the skeptics in response to evidence like this, "A UFO! Quick- grab the worst camera you can find!" This simply reveals the roots of the skeptic movement in the arts of rhetorical deception. 

Most people don't have access to "cameras" anymore- they use their cellphones. The cameras on phones are fine for taking selfies and candids, but pretty useless for filming stuff in the sky or at night and most certainly in the sky at night.


But I'll tell you a secret: taking decent pictures or video of flying objects you aren't expecting to encounter is next to impossible, even with a good camera. Case in point: A few years back I was bringing the kids home from school and three giant red tails swooped into the yard, right above our heads. I got the kids in the house, grabbed our very expensive digital camera, got it out of the bag, got the cap off, turned it on and waited for it to do its annoying bootup routine and ran back outside. 

By the time I did all that the fucking birds were halfway down the street. I tried taking a picture of them but the god-damned autofocus didn't know what it was supposed to zoom in on and by the time I got it turned off, I snapped that masterpiece there.

Skeptics know this full well but are intentionally poisoning the well by casting doubt on evidence they can't emotionally deal with by working up snappy taglines.  Of course, by this point they're really only speaking to each other. Sad.


video
This recompress is unwatchable. Again, my apologies.

UPDATE: Boy, my son's workplace is quite the feast for the eyes- he says a bald eagle also nests there and tonight he showed us pictures of rather terrifying funnel clouds forming in the next county (we're under tornado watch tonight).

40 comments:

  1. The crux of the matter: "evidence they can't emotionally deal with." I always remember Jung's observation that the only way men in the second half of their lives can deal with their psychological issues is through some form of religion.

    But more to the point, you're absolutely right in the postscript, Chris. I've seen lights in the sky twice in my life, but both times I was driving, and it was over by the time I reached for my phone. There was just no way of recording what I saw. Hell, the first time I didn't even have time to tell my passenger to look in that direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, Bruno. The other time I saw weird lights in the sky it was a single red ball of light that making impossible arcs up in the sky. I couldn't have recorded it even if I wanted to. I talked about it with Mike at the time and we had an interesting conversation about UFOs and psychism. Watched it right on my front porch, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. >"a single red ball of light that making impossible arcs up in the sky"

      One wonders if this is not the Others' version of messing with the cat with a laser pointer...

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure if the comment was entered. If it was you can delete this one:
    --

    In my other blog Belialith's Tales, in the post The Tip Of An Iceburg, I describe some of the many dreams I've had, about spiders. So when I came across your post, it was truly a synchronicity.
    http://belialith.blogspot.ca/2015/04/the-tip-of-iceburg.html
    And what's so strange, is that you said the words, "You noticed them and they noticed that you noticed them," and that is exactly what it was like in the one dream I had where I was in the basement looking at all those spiders everywhere in the middle of their webs. And because your son saw those lights, it's even stranger. Because recently I had an experience where I dropped food on myself that landed in three spots like a triangle, and the next morning I dropped some food on the ground which landed in three spots that looked like a triangle, which made me to remember a few years ago, I had three white-yellow lights hovering above my stove area, just hanging there....which leads me to think....through all of your and my experiences, that these beings are aliens. Spiders that suck blood, eat food, evil aliens that hang around in the sky like sitting in a spider's web....geez, you know? Like spiders hanging in the sky, watching us, watching them. Thanks for sharing. It helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, there's a Cure song humming in my head right now. I had dreams like that years ago, except they were giant spiders that wouldn't die...

      Delete
  4. I also saw ufo's in my life. First time I was around 9 or 10, I was looking out my bedroom window at night when I saw something zig-zagging through the sky. Ran to get the binoculars but it was gone. Next day in the news on tv they stated a sighting in one of the towns further from where I lived.
    Then another time I was in Toronto going down the highway with a bunch of people in the car, heading to Bloor & Yonge for a concert, when I saw this huge UFO sitting in the sky next to a tall building. It just sat there. I saw the underside of it. Looked like a pressed down, squished engine in the center part. Then there was a smooth surface around that, about the same circumference as the center, and three large white lights on the edge of the circle, and there were three tiny lights in the middle. I think two were red and one was white. I saw all kinds of other things. About a year ago, I saw an airplane morphing above my house. The reason I was attracted to go outside and look at 4 am, (I'm a night person), is that it sounded like a by-plane with that heavy engine, but when I looked, the craft looked like a modern high-tech airplane, which was freaky right there, and then I saw it morphing...hahaha, That was really freaky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Black Panther. I can't resist posting a limk to one of the , few and far between, Blog Posts I have done. Dealing as it does with Lights in the Sky, fireballs and morphing helicopters.http://theturgidmiasmaofexistence.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/that-was-not-helicopter.html

      Delete
    2. Well, it's kind of like ghosts. When I was young it seemed like everyone I knew had a ghost story or were one level of separation away from one. And so it is with UFOs. You just have to accept these things..

      Delete
  5. So, 2 things:

    1. It's probably just time to burn your house down and move to Alaska if spiders that big have figured out where you live. Where (roughly) do you live?

    2. "But it did get me to thinking why we so often see these episodes of evidence-manufacturing in the Nuts-n-Bolts world." This. I don't know if the UFO phenomena is real, or if they're aliens, or electromagnetic sparks as the Earth shifts, or fallen angels, or motherfucking sasquatch. Being an agnostic skeptic (everything is doubtful, but can we really know anything including that last assertion?) with deep roots in gnosticism, I can't speak for the phenomena myself since I've only ever seen satellites and meteorites. I did go through a several year period (amidst EXTREME anxiety and paranoia) where I tried to induce my own PKD experience. However, the UFO crowd that thinks, if these are aliens, that the aliens' motivations are even microscopically understandable drive me nuts. If they are aliens, they come from unknown regions of space, probably unknown regions of our galaxy, but possibly unknown dimensions or parallel realities, and as such, their motives are unknowable. They aren't mammals, they aren't reptiles, they aren't squids or primates: those are Earth classifications of Earth fauna. If they're alien, they're unknowable by their very classification: alien.

    Sometimes I feel like I might be the only person in America who doesn't know someone who's seen a UFO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe worry less about absolute knowing or proof of anything specific, and go with your experience? A number of things, particularly technology, for one example, do not have to be truly, completely understood to be used, manipulated, or otherwise directed to ones benefit or furtherance of a direction. Perhaps it is unacceptable to one dedicated to what is provable, I would suggest accepting that some of these things are beyond the current ability of most to understand or categorize in a way that really makes any sense. Yet the experiences seem to exist and have for some time. Having an experience and getting around to realizing you just can't honesty deny it happened nor can you explain what it all means, is not an easy thing to come to.

      Delete
    2. "Maybe worry less about absolute knowing or proof of anything specific, and go with your experience?"

      That's what I'm saying though. I've never had this experience, and no one I know has had it, so there's no way for me to judge the veracity. All I have to go on are often-less-than-credible eye witness accounts and the too vigorous debunking of skeptics. Neither of those are all that convincing.

      Delete
    3. I wish I was like you. But every time my eyes see something, I'm flummoxed. So I really have to learn discernment, that way, my feathers don't get ruffled all the time. I think it would be pleasant being a friend of yours. I wouldn't have to believe my eyes all the time.

      Delete
    4. That is like so f___g Awesome. It is hilarious. I don't have a comment. Hhahaa. It's just too good to comment upon. Thank you for your exquisite input? geez...IMput.. I'm an artist, can you tell? Lol.
      The Horns, and the Hawk, what does that mean?

      Delete
    5. That is SO fortuitously awesome, because, haha..HOW COULD ANYONE know what an alien's intent IS? How? By delving deep. That's how. There is nothing under the Sun unknown, and there is nothing for one to fear, if in fact one is actually enjoying themselves while doing it, whatever it is. I just love your way of thinking. Yes. How is anyone to know what that truth is? Even if you MET an alien, hahaha, would you know it? And if you did know it, could you ask them anything and, receive the truth? out of their mind? because I heard, they don't have mouths..........

      Delete
    6. "do not have to be truly, completely understood to be used, manipulated, or otherwise directed to ones benefit"......mm an. That is exquisite. That is using the higher mind. Simple and true. One needs to find that grain of sand which shows the entire universe in it, or that moment, one understands what is, and what is not. Well said, Jim Fuller.

      Delete
    7. Talk about fire, and ice. Geez. Let's. Let's all burn our houses down and move to Alaska. At least we'll get to observe a real light show there.....lol.

      Delete
    8. Thank you, Black Panther, I truly appreciate the compliment :)

      Delete
    9. H&H, It seems like you have given many angles of the subject a lot of thought, and are left wondering well fk, what do I do now, all this more or less dubious info and ideas and no first-hand to size it all up against....I of course have no sure solution to bringing the experience about lol sometimes I wish I were so foolish as to think so, but not today.....At risk of sounding like a profound and hopelessly lost casualty, maybe ask for an experience? Ask whom? I don't know. Open yourself to having it, invite it to happen. I should say, I am not one that believes there are very many nuts and bolts ships piloted by alien dudes flitting about the skies, and add that by asking and inviting an experience, it may come but not as anything ufo or alien-like.
      I of course cannot know what your specific angle on the whole thing is other than what you wrote above, I offer my experience, which comes from the direction that things occurring far from the everyday experience of life respond to being thought about and, once again, invited to come. Sounds like you may have done this for a while, maybe change up *how* you are thinking it over? A shift in ones thinking about what is real, possible, and potentially real/possible, a focusing of the attention on what could lie between what is actual and what is possible, is generally a fertile ground to allow for some very strange things to happen.

      Delete
    10. I don't have anything to add other than to say this was a fascinating exchange. And to note again how funny these things persist long after we're told they're not supposed to. Worse yet, now there's footage. At least until they release a worm that deletes all that stuff off the web...

      Delete
  6. The light in the sky that your son saw look like the one I saw in Ibiza years ago, it just sat there for hours and then went straight up into space. I noticed it as the stars were starting to come out early evening and it was still there hours later. There seems to be a connection between crop circles and geothermal energy, I've heard from people who make crop circles that ufo or orbs appear when they are making crop circles, and using night vision goggles. My thoughts are with you guys, tornados look scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should add that I find it interesting how the crops are generally corn or rape seed both of which are converted into biofuel - energy. When crop circles are made the planks of wood used heat up so the ufol's (I like that) seen here might have something to do with that heat and the geometry involved.

      Delete
    2. Well, I should say I'm an agnostic on crop circles simply because I remember the "saucer nests." I've never been able to shake the idea that circles were a way to distract people from the nests, which you saw a lot of during the 70s. And then you had the pranksters and all the rest. So I'm still on the fence.

      Delete
    3. Saucer nest are from mini tornados/wirlwinds in my opinion which is based on chatting to older folk who claim to have seen it happen. Where as orbs near crop circles are more like 'Naga Fireballs' which are said to be due to phosphine. Which is used as a pesticide on crops to get rid of mites. Although there are some people such as Colin Andrews who think orbs are intelligent beings that need tracking down and has asked - 'Should we look into
      other forms of energies such as 'scalar waves' to comprehend this mystery?' Which oddly enough I think CERN are doing; I didn't know they were are looking for U.F.O.s! Sideline or what? Plus I'm finding it's interesting how geothermal energy has taken off worldwide and even CERN has an interest in it. Fault lines are said to be ley lines so fracking them seems like an odd thing to go and do.

      Delete
  7. Ugh, I had one of those wolf spiders show up in my bedroom a few years ago, sitting on the unmade bed. Weird thing, I've lived on my street all my adult life - the house where I grew up is across the street - and I had NEVER seen one before and haven't seen one since. Though I still look...

    Three years ago I was on an archeological dig in Germany, and one day in early August the entire place was covered with millions of tiny, black spiders. They came and went in less than a day. A bizarre experience.

    And I agree, they certainly do seem alien. Or, we are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wolf spiders look awful but generally mind their own business. They seem awfully mysterious, how they come and go, no? I'm more afraid of deer ticks...

      Delete
  8. The series finale of Mad Men was broadcast last night, and the show ended with Don Draper meditating in a New Age compound on the cliffs of NorCal that is widely agreed, though it wasn't named, to have been Esalen. Other things that synced with me personally were the opening images, which strongly recalled Mad Max, which I had just watched, and a cameo role from comedian Brett Gelman, who I've researched because he seems to have consciously chosen the path of The World's Wickedest Comedian. By the way, Chris, do you have an email that I can reach you at? I'd prefer that to these comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jeff Kripal did a thing on the Daily Beast about Esalen and Mad Men. If you have a private message, just mark your comment "private" and I'll won't post it.

      Delete
  9. It's worth mentioning in passing the huge symbolic significance of spiders in Plains Indian religious lore.

    As far as the Roswell Slides thing is concerned, I agree Chris, better left alone and just ignored. Although a sociological/cultural article on that nonsense would one suppose be worthwhile. Maybe. I just remark here that there are at least two (notable as far as it goes) Roswell True Believer characters (one who pretends he isn't when it suits him) in ufology who were pushing this Roswell slides nonsense big time as perhaps the real thing, way back when. At last! And then quickly ran away from it when it became increasingly clear how untenable it all was, and subsequently pretended they were the voice of reason and sanity all along re the Roswell slides. Nobody has called them out on it, not even the skeptics.

    Not that it matters really. I mean given all the real horrors and nightmares people face in the world today (wars, starvation, what-have-you), it doesn't matter one whit. The believers and the debunkers that feed off 'em re the increasingly ridiculous Roswell circus, are increasingly irrelevant and laughable. And who would have thought it could have gotten any worse after the Santilli hoax twenty years ago, which in retrospect was High Art and commendably amusing, compared to the slides?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my gut tells me it was all a psyop, which the obvious upfront money involved seems to point to (look at the very slick trailer). You have to constantly be priming that debunking pump, it seems. People have to justify their salaries.

      Delete
  10. Hey Chris, I'm sure you saw this, but a shootout out a Twin Peaks cafe, and the Twin Peaks sequel supposed to be filming this summer? http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/19/us/texas-biker-gang-brawl/

    Also, what's the deal with Waco? I feel like something terrible happens there every other year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's as fishy as the last massacre there. That's all I have to say for now until more information is available.

      Delete
    2. I have in-laws from Texas, and they refer to it as "Wacky Waco". It has a reputation, it seems. Fitting, that the one in-law who lived there was agreed by all to be batshit crazy.

      Delete
  11. Hi Chris- Heard an excellent interview with you on Aeon Byte Gnostic Wadio and found your blog. I also was into Boston Hardcore scene in the 80's but started a little later (first show was DOA at Boston YMCA on Huntington Ave in April 1984). Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was still doing shows in '84, though I was mostly locals only at that point. I was partying with the bands and such. Then of course there was the disaster at the Xmas Paradise show and that was all she wrote for me. Welcome aboard!

      Delete
    2. Thought you'd like to know, TT The Bear's Place in Cambridge is closing its doors after 40 years. Another bit of Boston scene history, gone. I think you mentioned going there a few times.

      Delete
  12. Scary monsters super freaks-keep me running. Take a look Chris to that synchro site from the Deutschland/Germany. The blue bells! Chris you rock.Be not worried about anything. Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invaders_Must_Die_(song)

    http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/205/2/c/invaders_must_die_by_imirr-d58gxg1.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  14. "That whole Nuts-n-Bolts culture, with its codependent believers and debunkers, is so depressing, so exhausted"....exactly. this is precisely why I gave up on any worthy debates or conversations with people at MUFON and the like. ...but they still wonder why the stories remain the same, the narrative never changes and people just eventually up and leave it. oh well. peace CLK. thanks for another hit out of the park.

    ReplyDelete