Thursday, August 27, 2026

All Montauk and No Action

Like "y'all," the Internet has destroyed the term "grift" forever. But there's still no better word to describe the Montauk Mythos. 



I apologize to all the people I may have offended by calling this con out—and I won't say it's not a very entertaining lot of humbug— but c'mon; this is like something out of an old comic book or drive-in movie. 

Fun, sure, but terminally fucktarded. And that's even without out Preston Nichols' "Tantric trauma therapy," which makes me a bit queasy just thinking about it. 

Actually, more than just a bit.

But even if I don't believe a single word of it, I do have to admit that the Montauk thing does seem to exude a powerful mythological resonance, which explains its enduring popularity. 

That's something I may need to unpack at some point.

Moreover, the Montauk Mythos did inspire the first series of Stranger Things, which remains the only series of it worth watching (the other series are the televisual equivalent of a hobo throwing up in your mouth).

The Why Files does a great job tearing the whole Montauk fraud apart, which you can watch right here. 


 

The Secret Sun Institute
of Advanced Synchromysticism 
is waiting for you to take the next step
in your synchro-journey. Come level up...

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

It's not too late to make 2026
the year you master the Art of Sync! 


Click for Print book Click for Kindle