Outfoxed: X-Files Season Finale Decoded on the Satellite

UFO appears over a bridge in 'My Struggle II'

Everything Mulder was told in 'My Struggle, Part I' was a lie. Colonization has begun. Tad O'Malley is a Syndicate Agent. The Old Man is a fraud. Cancer Man is an impostor. Scully is the new Cassandra Spender and everything was orchestrated to get her to create a vaccine using her alien DNA. William is the final key to creating the hybrid slave race, just as was prophesied. Scully will use his stem cells to perfect the vaccine. Everything is proceeding exactly as was first laid out in Season One with 'The Erlenmeyer Flask'. 


Do I have your attention yet?

Tad O'Malley unleashes sigil magick


What a short and extremely strange trip it's been.  There's been something unhinged about this entire season of The X-Files, as symbol-rich and message-driven as its been.  It's as if the series itself has become a mere carrier wave for something much heavier. And darker.

And all hell broke loose Monday night both inside and outside the confines of the show as the long-promised alien colonization began. But few fans realized that was indeed what they were seeing. The clues were all embedded within the dialogue itself, as well as in the run up to the finale.

What this all means, I can't say. But it most definitely feels like the series has once again captured the zeitgeist. If you're paying attention to what's going on in the world outside the narcotizing confines of the corporate media you'll know exactly what I mean.

5 comments:

  1. You sir, are a TV (mythos-relegated) God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read your total expose, but I have to say that I wish the last episode were drawn out over at least 2 episodes (or maybe 2 episodes specific to it, and background noise of several more). I don't know if you read or have read the comic B.P.R.D., but it's a spinoff of Hellboy. Currently (and for the last 3 or 4 years of its run) the world is ending, and I like how slow and unnerving it is. It isn't a single event, but just a daisy chain of frustrating and increasingly terrifying events. I kind of wish this had more of that slow burn: the background noise of Fox and Scully's their life would be the world slowly ending in the form of the plague, and then right when things get their worse, Scully puts the pieces together.

    Anyways, your X-Files analysis is one of my favorite things that you do. Can't wait to dig in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And if you haven't read B.P.R.D., I highly recommend very few comic experiences are as rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for going off-topic for just a moment Chris. This morning I found myself listening to a couple of cuts from John William's Star Wars ep 7 . 'The Jedi Steps' sometimes really moves me . But then I realized I didn't see a review or critique from you on this film. Did I just miss it, or did you skip it? Love to know your thoughts on it, if you have any to share. Gladly give a penny for your thoughts - Thrace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I'm not the only one to notice the obvious sigil magick.

    ReplyDelete