Holding Pattern


2012 has been a banner year for The Secret Sun and a surprising one. My original plan was to kick launch the Radio Mystery Hour in full force and have that be the backbone of the blog but other topics snuck up on me, quite by surprise.

Unfortunately, some considerably less pleasant surprises have befallen me out here in Meatspace, taking my attention away from The Sun for the time being. And as I wrote previously, scheduling snafus have complicated the Radio Mystery Hour relaunch as well. This is to be expected, seeing that a lot of people I want to speak with are involved in academia in one way or another.

But there's a time to reap and a time to sow and a time to let the fields lie fallow. The Sun has been on fire this year (every month has set an all-time hit record, with August the biggest-ever month in our history) and there's also a 24/7 discussion taking place on the Facebook page. I'll be continuing to post scintillating links there while I get my ducks in order on the homefront. And I will get The Secret Sun Radio Mystery Hour up and running as soon as I have a few episodes in the can.

Strangely enough, some of those topics I mentioned before are bleeding over from Ideaspace over into Meatspace. I wish that was as fun as it sounded, but I can't deny that I've been dragged, kicking and screaming, onto a path set out for me before I was born. More on all of that in the days to come.

In the meantime, please note that I've revamped the topic index in order to make your Secret Sun browsing experience more efficient. So don't hestitate to dig into the massive archives. One thing I've notice on the FB group is that new readers don't realize that if they're interested in a particular topic, chances are pretty good I've written about it here.

5 comments:

  1. "It is your destiny." I am pleased and happy that you are wise enough to see,accept, and embrace? it. The Secret Sun just keeps getting better! Thanks a million times over for the information, the entertainment, and the always thought-provoking, frequently paradigm shifting, and occasionally life altering, work that you do here on the Sun. Who would have thought that there were so many out there (me included big time)that would be drawn to the Secret Sun...this post just reignites my excitement...dying to see what's next! You keep paving the road, and I promise to keep telling my friends! Kudos, for the best writing on the net, in this reader's opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tanks for the interwebs interludes. i find myself in an existential crisis everyday that i wake up, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re:
    "Strangely enough, some of those topics I mentioned before are bleeding over from Ideaspace over into Meatspace. I wish that was as fun as it sounded, but I can't deny that I've been dragged, kicking and screaming, onto a path set out for me before I was born".

    I think a lot of us readers at The Secret Sun can relate to that point of view.
    I only got the guts to document my own strange syncs on a blog because of your inspiration here,and that has turned out more rewarding for me than the fear I first had about doing so.
    Part of me still wants to stop doing it,but so far it has been therapeutic exercise for me.
    So I tip my hat to you and this blog and look forward to what may unfold here in the future.
    I'm sure that it will be worth the wait.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Secret Sun has become a huge part of my intellectual and spiritual life, and that has been a resoundingly positive thing. Life matters more to me now, because of your work, Chris. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chris!

    I love love love your blog! I definitely contributed to the traffic in August as this site is truly addictive (it's comforting to know there are many others out there that are experiencing high-strangeness).

    I just want to let you know that when I clicked on the, "You love the sun-don't you" link it brought me to a page that says the post doesn't exist.

    Thanks for taking the time to write about the wacky and weird subjects I (and others) can't get enough of.

    ReplyDelete