Hardcore Matinee: Bloodclot

Former Cro-Mags frontman John Joseph has a new band, Bloodclot. They're sort of an NYHC supergroup, and I think they're making some of the best hardcore I've heard in a very long time. I'm not really into the more metal-type hardcore, but these guys have a very strong sense of structure and a knack for brutal hooks. Their debut album is one of the most exciting records I've heard outside of Killing Joke these past few years. For a sampling of their sounds, check out their MySpace here. The Village Voice also did a cover story on Joseph recently that's well worth a read- check that out here.

Incidentally, Joseph is involved in a reformist Krishna Consciousness movement that's looking to clean up the bad image "Hare Krishna" garnered in the 80s. This is interesting timing, given my recent purchase of Suns of God. Here are some hard-earned words of wisdom from the singer....

"The spiritual revolution is the real revolution. As far as I'm concerned, you're not gonna beat these people that have tanks and f***in', you know—the real revolution is a revolution in consciousness." - John Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment