The Secret Sunshine of Your Love

I'm still working on my analysis of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, which I intended to have up today. But I also just got a DVD of The Fifth Element and wanted to tie this all back to Soderbergh's Solaris and The 40 Year-Old Virgin, which just opens a huge can of worms. Solaris is going to take us to the NBC mini Revelations and David Duchonvy's instant classic series Californication, by way of the saucer-eyed Irish rose men call Natascha McElhone. Both of which are going to take me to The X-Files and probably Stuart Gordon's Dagon and the whole shebang all ties together in some profound and surprising ways. Not to mention that McElhone takes back to Jim Carrey. Phew. It's all a bit too big for a little Valentine's Day post. I know it all fits together but I need to convince the most skeptical among you out there that it does and that's another kettle of fish entirely.



But what I'm more concerned is that this is the 23rd Valentine's Day I will spending with the love of my life, and in some ways it feels like it will be the first. Vicky and I celebrated our 20th Anniversary early by traveling to Dragon*Con, and we'll be celebrating our 23rd V-day a little late by traveling to Wonder Con. And to mark the occasion, Chris Carter, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will be there on the 23rd. Did I mention that I met Vicky when she was 23?

Anyhow, this will be a special Valentine's Day for Vicky and I, and I can truly say that I love her more today than ever before. She is one of the few true geniuses I've known in my life and someone who has a Stargate inside her head to a weird and wonderful world of her own. I can honestly say that she is the one person who has shown me all that is important in life. Without her, I'd spend even more time obsessing and fixating than I do now. I'd be one step shy of the nuthouse, too.



The only thing I can is this- whatever secrets you want to learn, or whatever mysteries you want to solve, Love is your anchor. It's easy to get lost in the world of the symbols - Love can keep your feet in this world so you can always find your way back. To me that's the most important thing of all.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you both!

    Next time you're down Atlanta way let me know. I'm in Athens, and would love to meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you guys are great. Cheers.

    Todd, we'll be at DragonCon this year so see you there!

    ReplyDelete