Not-Quite-Human: The Circled X



Earlier, I showed the Circled X motif in the video for "Tishbite" and how it semiotically links the Cocteau Twins to The X -Files. I thought I should post the video, so you can see how it features in the visuals. For future reference, also note how the video ends with an underwater shot. This was the Cocteau Twins' final music video.

Here is an earlier depiction of the Circled X, in the Mithraic "Cross of Light." This is the very same symbol that Maxentius' troops had emblazoned upon their shields at the Milvian Bridge...



This website explains the significance of the circled X and its origins in the Zodiac. Speaking of Solar deities, note that 'Tishbite' was the description assigned to the Bible's version of Helios....

7 comments:

  1. Xerox just changed its logo to a red 3d circle (ball) with an x on it. Some comments noted it was similar to x-box. The multi-million dollar researched change was the first for the company in 15 years. Article on AOL business news 1/11/08.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've VERY much enjoyed your Cocteau Twins meme.

    Brings back wonderful memories! You and I must have much in common.

    Also a lover of 4AD bands and the artwork of 23envelope

    ReplyDelete
  3. That video gives me vague flashbacks to the NASA UFO footage Tether incident with the circles flying across screen and whatnot... probably just me though. Great blog + book btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've VERY much enjoyed your Cocteau Twins meme.

    =====================================

    Thank you kindly- It's just begun!

    I must say it's ben a process of discovery for me- until you frame it, you don't realize how intensely unearthly Liz Fraser is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That video gives me vague flashbacks to the NASA UFO footage Tether incident with the circles flying across screen and whatnot
    ==================================

    Post a link- you've DEFINITELY
    captured my interest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure thing, I think NASA ufo's are the most fascinating, download "The Secret NASA Transmissions - The Smoking Gun" or "Evidence for the case for NASA UFO's" for more than just a youtube link of the Tether incident. Of course all the things flying around, changing direction with a clear ridge on the side like the Dropa stones, are just ice crystals and space debris ;P NASA wouldn't lie to us! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As-wYmFYb3I
    Just reminded me slightly of some of the spacey imagery in the video, and some of the illuminated circles, and the light coming from the sun compared to the light in the video etc.
    Keep up the great work, later.

    ReplyDelete